This easy, basic recipe for lemon Linzer cookies (linecké) is usually made for Christmas as part of the traditional Czech bake-off of cukroví. However, with Valentine’s Day around the corner, heart-shaped cookies with raspberry jam and a hint of citrus are such an easy way to commemorate the day.
Only 6 ingredients and half an hour (minus the clean-up).
- 300g flour
- 200g butter (cold, cubed)
- 100g powder sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- lemon peel of one lemon
- drop of vanilla essence
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until well-combined. Form into a ball, wrap in cling-foil and set in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
- Roll out into a thin layer and, one by one, cut out cookies using a pastry cutter. In half, cut out a small circle or heart.
- Bake in oven at 180C for 14-16 minutes. Keep an eye on them as they burn easily.
- Cover the bottom layers with raspberry jam, stick appropriate layers together and serve!